Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

search

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Injured my head in the gym (5 stitches)


Yesterday, as usual I went to gym. I supposed to exercise my quads, calves, triceps, and forearms before taking my 2 days off to complete my weekly exercise cycle. After done exercise for my quad, I continued to do calves exercises.

Then, I took rest for 5 minutes before continuing do my triceps exercise. I went to the cable machine. Place the motor at top but it was loose. I tried to tighten, but can’t do that. It was able to hold in that position. So, I don’t bother about it, straight away changed the cable handle to triceps pull down cable bar (small V shape bar).

First set, I did 80lbs for 12 reps. Rest for 30 seconds. Then continue to do the second set at 100lbs. When I tried pulling down the cable for first rep, the motor fall down right on my head. At the moment I felt no pain and slowly within seconds I felt like something flowing on my forehead. When I checked the mirror, it was blood and it flowing heavily.

Luckily, my wife followed me to the gym that day. I took my gym towel and keep pressure on the wound. We got to the car as soon as possible and went to hospital. I was so scared on my skull or brain could damage. The doctor keeps on asking, is there any vomiting or faint? I felt nothing like that, only pain and tired of course (after quads exercise, what you expect).

After x-ray report came, it was nothing wrong on skull and everything looks fine. I’ve got 5 stitches to cover the wound. Now taking rest for maybe 2 to 4 weeks. I was so lucky. I learned something. Next time, I must be very careful when dealing with plates and metals. This could be very dangerous.

No comments: