Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

search

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Supplements during injury break


If you are a gym goers, I'm sure you cannot escape from injuries.

Just like other athletes, who has more chances to get injured on certain muscle areas:
Swimmers - Shoulders, Calves
Rowers - Back
Football player - Knee

As a bodybuilder, the highest risk is your back, especially your lower back.

For guys, it is like the throne removed. If everything goes okay, and functionable (you know what I mean); that would be your luckiest day. If the back is not normal, then we can forget about getting marry.

I got injured 2 times in 18 months of gym training and luckily it was not my lower back. First time, was my fingers fracture (minor), took 2 months to recover. And now, on my head, most probably, 1 month because there is no fracture, just 5 stitches.

As for supplements wise, I take only %DV (daily value) of 50grams of protein (derived from cows milk, milk powder, bread, chicken, fish and eggs) and 150g of carbs intake per day (carbs derived from bread, white rice, milo, milk powder, danone wheatameal, fruits, and others). I take more vegetables than before. It is easy to get fat especially during non-exercise time. So, keep the diet low fat, and take high fiber food will make our body fat increase at slow rate.

I even take Brands essence of chicken 2 days once to recover faster from injuries.

I just wanted to remain at 80kg. I don't wanna lose or gain weight. Just maintain. If it's dropping, I will increase my meals, if its is increasing, then I will cut it down. It is a simple formula to keep at the border.

No comments: